If working with billions of events, petabytes of data and optimizing for last millisecond is something that excites you then read on! We are looking for Data Engineers who have seen their fair share of messy data sets and have been able to structure them for building useful AI products.
You will be working on writing frameworks building for real time and batch pipelines to ingest and transform events (108 scale) from 100’s of applications every day. Our ML and Software engineers consume these for building data products like personalization and fraud detection. You will also help optimize the feature pipelines for fast execution and work with software engineers to build event driven microservices.
You will get to put cutting edge tech in production and freedom to experiment with new frameworks, try new ways to optimize and resources to build next big thing in Fintech using data!
• You have previously worked on building serious data pipelines ingesting and transforming > 10 ^6 events per minute and terabytes of data per day.
• You are passionate about producing clean, maintainable and testable code part of real-time data pipeline.
• You understand how microservices work and are familiar with concepts of data modelling.
• You can connect different services and processes together even if you have not worked with them before and follow the flow of data through various pipelines to debug data issues.
• You have worked with Spark and Kafka before and have experimented or heard about Flink/Druid/Ignite/Presto/Athena and understand when to use one over the other.
• On a bad day maintaining zookeeper and bringing up cluster doesn’t bother you.
• You may not be a networking expert but you understand issues with ingesting data from applications in multiple data centres across geographies, on-premise and cloud and will find a way to solve them.
• Proficient in Java/Scala/Python/Spark
What we Offer:
• We are proud to announce that we have been certified as a Great Place to Work for 2 years in a row!
• A collaborative, open work environment that fosters ownership, creativity, and urgency
• Enrolment in the Group Health Benefits plan right from Day 1, no waiting period
• We believe in hard work, fun innovation and team building – we’ve gone to escape rooms, bowling, indoor rock climbing, and go-karting (to name a few!)
• All types of snacks in the office to ensure that you're well fed!
Our consultants individually take responsibility for each of the unique financial sectors in which we operate. It's our belief that by focusing people on specific business areas and niche technologies, they are able to become experts, embedded within the sector communities - with the ability to become authentic specialists. You are more than data and keywords on a resume, and our recruiters are more than job spec translators.
Keep up-to-date with this and similar vacancies by sharing your resume with Dominic.