Lead Java Developer
Contract – 10 Months (extension up to 2 years)
A strong, analytical developer is needed to lead a team working on a number of Firm-wide model control initiatives. The area of model control has always been critical for investment banks and now there is even more regulatory scrutiny in the field. To help the business cope with the increased demands, we are building a set of next generation systems that will increase efficiency and effectiveness of model control by increasing automation, potentially employing natural language processing, and advanced data mining techniques to analyse the huge model information document base.
The chosen individual will be working closely with technology teams, management and business users from all three lines of defence. We are looking for someone who can help with analysis, design and implementation, who enjoys working in a dynamic environment and who can generate ideas and express them clearly.
Technical skills required:
- Strong understanding of computer science concepts and OO design
- Experience and hands on proficiency in server side Java
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Very strong knowledge of software design principles
- Strong knowledge of common Java frameworks
- Strong knowledge of Relational Databases and SQL
Good to have:
- Experience with or exposure to natural language processing
- Exposure to object or graph databases
- Strong knowledge of Object Relation Mapping technologies
- Strong knowledge of BDD (behaviour-driven development)
- Experience with TDD (test-driven development)
- Strong knowledge of GIT source code management
- Knowledge of Gradle, Jenkins automated build processes
- Strong knowledge of Representation state transfer (RESTful Web services)
- Strong knowledge of enterprise Java: JAX-RS, JTA, Jetty/Tomcat
- Knowledge of HTTP, XML, JSON
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux
Our consultants individually take responsibility for each of the unique financial sectors in which we operate. It's our belief that by focusing people on specific business areas and niche technologies, they are able to become experts, embedded within the sector communities - with the ability to become authentic specialists. You are more than data and keywords on a resume, and our recruiters are more than job spec translators.
Keep up-to-date with this and similar vacancies by sharing your resume with Dominic.