Senior Java Developer
The OTC Pre-Settlements team is a multidisciplinary, global application development team. The suite of applications comprises the firm’s Pre-Settlement processing platform for all OTC Derivative asset classes, as well as for FX cash trades. We connect with multiple upstream trade booking and risk systems, receiving real time trade and cash flow information and providing functionality to a wideuser base to enable settlement as per our client’s preferences. Functionality provided coversautomation of high volume payment generation, client payment affirmation and netting,cancel/correct workflow, third party platform integration and product specific accounting treatment.
We are a part of the Core Services department which is responsible for providing end to endsolutions for our Operations users in Institutional Securities and Wealth Management, includingconfirmations, pre-settlements and settlement activities, tax and corporate actions.The Java Developer role involves taking ownership for building components of the renovated multiproduct Pre-Settlements system. The person will be involved through the full development lifecycle, from requirements definition to product deployment.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated team player and is likely to have significant experience in application development, a strong technical background and good communication skills. The candidate should have hands-on experience working in a Financial Services company involving both development and support.
Excellent working knowledge of the following technologies:
- 5 plus years of experience in a related field
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Core Java
- Relational Databases such as Sybase, Oracle, SQL
- Integration technologies - MQ/Xml/SOAP/JSON
- Build technologies - Ant, Gradle/Maven
- Hands on experience with multithreaded systems.
- Exposure to working in a global delivery team.
- Comfortable with direct interaction with the business users at all levels.
- Have good communication skills, and be able to explain complex IT problems in simple business like terminology for ease of user's understanding.
- Familiarity with Autosys .Net/C# - WinForms and WPF, DB2, Hibernate, Spring Integration, experience with continuous integration tools (Jenkins, Electric Commander
- Good understanding of derivative products and STP cycle
- Familiarity with central clearing and settlements areas.
Our consultants individually take responsibility for each of the unique financial sectors in which we operate. It's our belief that by focusing people on specific business areas and niche technologies, they are able to become experts, embedded within the sector communities - with the ability to become authentic specialists. You are more than data and keywords on a resume, and our recruiters are more than job spec translators.
Keep up-to-date with this and similar vacancies by sharing your resume with Dominic.