Intermediate/ Senior Java Developer in Montreal
The team I’m working with will be focusing on new global platform which will be one of the most critical systems in the bank. The platform will have to support high throughput and concurrency and must be flexible to allow quick and easy onboarding of new markets. Within the team you will be responsible for making an active decision when choosing the most appropriate technology to be used as the platform will be built from the ground up.
This developer requires a strong understanding for validating the requirements, designing and implementing software solutions and automated tests to prove that it is working as expected. You will need a strong background in software development with a proven passion for being a collaborative, highly motivated and independent part of the team.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience in a similar role 3- 7 years of experience
- Excellent knowledge and extensive experience in the following:
- Object Oriented programming language(s)
- Relational Database: design, data manipulation, optimization and maintenance
- Messaging technology
- Sound understanding of Object Oriented Analysis, Design and Programming, Software testing (approaches, tools and frameworks) and familiarity with Design Patterns.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Hands-on design and development for applications that require high availability, throughput, scalability, and concurrency
- Experience with Agile Development and DevOps
- Experience with of JMS (MQSeries), Kafka.
- Experience with Python, Unix scripting
- Experience with multithreaded systems.
- Experience with distributed caches (Gemfire, Coherence, etc) .
- Experience with Spring-batch, Spring-integration, Spring-boot.
- Exposure to working in a global delivery team.
- Familiarity with settlements and clearing processes.
Our consultants individually take responsibility for each of the unique financial sectors in which we operate. It's our belief that by focusing people on specific business areas and niche technologies, they are able to become experts, embedded within the sector communities - with the ability to become authentic specialists. You are more than data and keywords on a resume, and our recruiters are more than job spec translators.
Keep up-to-date with this and similar vacancies by sharing your resume with Dominic.