Senior Project Control Officer
This job has been filled.
Support the governance of projects within an investment bank to increase the organisational return on investment. You will support and ensure that the approval and prioritisation of programs/projects are in line with investment decision strategies.
Looking for an enthusiastic candidate to join and support the Program Governance Office. The desired candidate will come in to support all enhancements across multiple business units. You will be able to assist the group with their management processes and have an excellent understanding of the project lifecycle, change management and business transformation. Certified qualifications (PMP, Prince) are desired but the right practical experience is preferred.
You will need to be able to provide financial reporting for multiple groups and have excellent communication coupled with strong excel and PowerPoint. You will bridge the gap between Junior PCO’s and Senior PM’s within different Business Units. The current team size is 7 people. This is a new position and will be a long-term contract for the right candidate.
Working with internal stakeholders, the Senior Program Control Officer is responsible for:
- Day to day control of the enhancements register.
- Ensure the enhancements remain on time and within the allocated budget
- Facilitation of the enhancements intake and approval process
- Provide accurate and timely Management Reporting on Enhancement register indicators such as budget and benefits.
- Review and approve project governance documentation to controls are met.
- Provide accurate and timely Management Reporting on key Portfolio Health performance indicators such as budget, schedules, benefits and resource capacity)
- Project financial tracking to ensure accuracy and timely reporting
- Create and implement tools to simplify and improve process across the Program Governance Office
- Provide Business Management support to Senior Executives related to the project portfolio
- Perform quality control checks to ensure that project data is consistent with other sources of information including previous data received.
- Work autonomously to resolve any issues
- Analyze project information and maintains reporting tools (ie SharePoint, P2D2, NBC tool) to align with decisions reached at Governance Forums
- Reports to Head of Project Portfolio Governance Office (PGO)
- Accountability to PGO Control and Monitoring lead for day to day duties
- Member of Program Governance Office team
- Works closely with project stakeholders (Project Managers, Program Managers, Sponsor Representatives, Sponsors, Business executives)
- Internal solution providers for tools and techniques for information analysis and process (P2D2, PlanView, EDS, SharePoint, NBC tool)
- External Functions (Group Risk Management, Compliance, IT, and Enterprise Architecture)
- A good working knowledge of Project Management Methodology (PMP/PRINCE2), including understanding project lifecycle and project management tools
- 3+ years’ experience in a project support or project management role is desirable including experience with governance and Project Management Framework
- University or post-graduate degree
- Strong business analysis skills; ability to interpret project information and recognize and explain the associated business implications
- A strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Suite of products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Visio)
- High level of innovative and creative thinking
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral; ability to influence people at all levels and secure required outcomes without direct authority
- Ability to work autonomously with strong problem-solving capability
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and strong team-player
- Ability to summarize large quantities of data into succinct and meaningful output
- Highly adaptive outlook with a willingness to work in ambiguous situations
- Demonstrates strong personal initiative and self-motivation
- Advanced PowerPoint, SharePoint and Excel skills
Very competitive rates
Our consultants individually take responsibility for each of the unique financial sectors in which we operate. It's our belief that by focusing people on specific business areas and niche technologies, they are able to become experts, embedded within the sector communities - with the ability to become authentic specialists. You are more than data and keywords on a resume, and our recruiters are more than job spec translators.
Keep up-to-date with this and similar vacancies by sharing your resume with Paul.