Java & Python Developer
This job has been filled.
This project is being undertaken by the Risk Team in a Capital Markets division in Downtown Toronto. The right consultant will be a strong Java and Python Developer and a veteran working within Risk and Capital Markets. You will be developing an in-house application for their Initial Margins project (Initial Margin is a regulatory project that is required for Fall 2019 to meet with compliance needs).
You will work on developing new modules and refactoring risk management systems. The ideal candidate will have experience with risk management applications and financial products (derivatives, fixed income, etc.), a working knowledge of trading application, Risk Watch is preferable, C++ would also be an asset.
During this contract you will gain wide exposure across different Capital Markets products, risk management applications as well as the opportunity to participate in migration to the Cloud and Streaming Architecture.
- Analyze highly complex business requirements; generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications
- Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts
- Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution
- Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area
- Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
Must have skills:
- 5+ years hands on development experience in a Core Java environment
- Strong core fundamentals; CS background – Big O, data structures, algorithms, design patterns, OO
- Strong knowledge of Python
- Database background; SQL, stored procedures
- Capital Markets experience: Risk (experience building risk systems)
- SOA, Messaging bus (Solace, Kafka)
- Regulatory, Reporting, Financial risk projects
Our consultants individually take responsibility for each of the unique financial sectors in which we operate. It's our belief that by focusing people on specific business areas and niche technologies, they are able to become experts, embedded within the sector communities - with the ability to become authentic specialists. You are more than data and keywords on a resume, and our recruiters are more than job spec translators.
Keep up-to-date with this and similar vacancies by sharing your resume with James.