Software Development Manager (Director Level)
Salary / Rate
Up to $140k DOE
Caspian One are currently recruiting a Software Development Manager (Director Level), for a global investment bank based in Toronto.
This is an exceptional opportunity for an experienced and technical Development Manager to run the development for a new initiative within Shared Services IT. You will be responsible for setting up a development team and environment in Toronto, plus project planning, code reviews, goal setting, performance management, coaching, mentoring and development plans. The project is an in-house cloud, hosting everything from database implementation to data, platforms and infrastructure.
This is an opportunity for someone who has a senior background, remains hands on in their current role and lives and breathes technology. No banking knowledge is needed for this role, although it would be an advantage, as this role is all about the technical aspect. My client pride themselves on in-house progression and using the latest technologies.
To be considered for the role, you must have the following:
· 5 years’ minimum experience in a technical Development Manager position.
· Strong coding background, Python, Java, Go etc
· Experience working with cloud technologies such as AWS, Bluemix, Google Cloud etc.
· Experience with Big Data technologies.
· A good understanding of Docker, Mesos, Kubernetes or similar.
· An understanding of Data Analytics or Data Science.
· Experience in agile development environments.
Benefits: Paying up to $140k, Bonus, stock options, commissions, flexible work/life balance options, flexible benefits, 25 days’ vacation.
If interested in the position, please call Michael Leigh on 647-694-0214 or email your resume to Michael.email@example.com.