Senior Business Systems Analyst - Regulatory Reporting
Salary / Rate
Up to $90k DOE
Caspian One are working with a Canadian Investment Bank located in Downtown Toronto who are looking for a Senior Business Systems Analyst.
As a Senior Business Systems Analyst, you will join the banks’ Capital Markets Technology Group working specifically within an Enterprise Regulatory Reporting Systems (RRS) group to help build new and enhance existing systems.
This role will be working within a regulatory technology team on multiple projects which are yet to be defined for the selected candidate. You will work on large projects which will be system enhancements of various regulatory applications
You will gather requirements and support applications for various front-office groups across multiple systems including Regulatory Reporting, Front Office Trading, PnL and Risk. There will be a large exposure to regulatory projects like:
· MIFID II (Markets in Financial Instruments Directive)
· Volcker Rule
· Dodd Frank
· EMIR (European Market Infrastructure Legislation)
Essential Technical Skills
- Business Analyst with minimum 4-5 years of experience. Able to translate business requirements into functional specification for developers.
- Strong SQL including an understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle
- General knowledge of Capital Markets. Must have a basic understanding of Swaps, Options, forwards etc. If you have in-depth knowledge this will be a real nice to have
- XML (FpML desired) / Experience working in a Microsoft environment
- QA experience and the ability to document and write test cases. (Experience with Functional / Non Functional & Regression Testing). There is no testing team within this group so the BA’s need to be able test the application.
- Regulatory Reporting background (Dodd Frank, EMIR, BCBS, FRTB regulations) would be a distinct advantage
Desirable Business Skills:
- Solid understanding of derivative products and the lifecycle of the trade.
- Subject matter expert in derivative products (IR/FX/Commodities), including both linear and non-linear products
- Cross Asset experience
- Experience of working on Big Data Projects
Team size: Overall size of group is 40+ people (size of actual team you will be working in is around 7 people)
Benefits: 4 weeks paid vacation, RSP Contribution, Pro-rated annual bonus
For more information about these opportunities, please contact Lidia Gennaro on 647 694 0190 or email Lidia.firstname.lastname@example.org
Keywords: Business Analyst, Regulatory reporting, Dodd Frank, Volcker, EMIR, SQL, FpML, Derivatives, OTC, Requirements Gathering