FX Senior Business Systems Analyst
Salary / Rate
Up to $90k DOE
I’m looking for a Senior Business Systems Analyst on behalf of my client, a Canadian Investment Bank based in Downtown Toronto. You will join the banks’ Capital Markets Technology FX Group working specifically to help build new and enhance existing systems.
This role will be working within a FX team on multiple projects which are yet to be defined for the selected candidate. You will work on large multi-million dollar projects for example;
· FX Money Markets/WallStreet
· FX Order Management System upgrade
- Gather and document business requirements, translate these into precise solution requirements and oversee the implementation of these requirements through the entire project lifecycle.
- Ensure the designed specifications achieve business needs.
- Track project progress and make decisions / recommendations to mitigate risk, ensure timely responses on frontline support issues and escalate appropriately as required.
- Keep the technical project repository updated and ensure good version control.
- Provide support to project managers, leads and developers
- You will work closely with the IT development teams and be able to effectively translate business requirements into functional specs for developers.
Key selling points:
- Working with one of the big 5 investment banks in downtown Toronto
- Working on key FX projects with exposure to all asset classes. (We are looking for candidates with the willingness to learn more about capital markets across all asset classes)
- Exposure to work directly with the front office.
- 5-8 years business analysis experience
- FX or knowledge of at least another asset class and the financial products within
- Experience in requirements gathering and writing detailed BRD’s
- SQL Server (if you have experience with other RDBMS that would be OK)
- Experience as a Team Lead, Lead BA, or has coached/mentored other junior BA’s or co-ops and is prepared to show the willingness to lead.
- Understanding of the SDLC process
- MUST HAVE EXCELLENT COMMUNICATION SKILLS
· Must have the ability to build and maintain positive working relationships
Essential Business Skills
- Good general knowledge of capital markets
- Must be comfortable speaking with the business
- Solid understanding of derivative products and the lifecycle of the trade.
- Strong understanding of FX / Money Markets
- Cross Asset experience
Benefits: 4 weeks paid vacation, RSP Contribution, Pro-rated annual bonus
For more information about this opportunity, please contact Lidia Gennaro on 647 694 0190 or email Lidia.email@example.com
Keywords: FX, Foreign Exchange, Money Markets, WallStreet, Derivatives, Front Office, FX Trades, OMS