Development Manager - Derivatives IT
Development Manager – Senior Manager – Capital Markets IT
Do you consider yourself to be a leader? A coach who can empower your team? Could you help this leading Capital Markets IT team drive the development of their OTC Derivatives platforms?
You will be responsible for coaching and managing a development team and environment in Toronto, leading a group of highly talented engineers – key to this is leading – you will still have the ability to be highly technical whilst additionally being a driven Development Manager. To be considered for this position, you will have experience in constructing detailed design specifications of global trading systems with an emphasis on pragmatic delivery. You will need to have experience within Capital markets and the financial products traded within them.
I am looking for people who are passionate about technologies – those who write code in their spare time because they love it and people who take time to learn new skills – coursera courses, their own websites, hackathons etc
You must already have managed teams as a Development Manager to be considered for this opportunity.
Tech Environment the team work with
- Java 1.8
- Agile Development – experience in driving the Agile Process
- Messaging (Solace/Kafka)
- NoSQL (ElasticSearch/Hadoop) – highly preferred
- SQL Databases (Oracle/SQLServer/Sybase)
- Cloud (AWS/Azure/OpenStack)
- 3+ years’ experience as Development Manager or Team Leader
- Experience in managing and coaching a development team of at least 6 people
- Capital Markets experience and financial products – Derivatives preferred
- Sound communication skills
- Relevant degree and/or experience
Recruiter Contact Details
Senior Principal Consultant @ Caspian One Canada
Cell: (416) 900 3401
Keywords: Development Manager, Java, ElasticSearch, Cloud, Azure, AWS, Hadoop, Capital Markets, Derivatives