Senior Java Developer
Salary / Rate
Up to $90 per hour (DOE)
Senior Java Developer- Senior - Fixed Income Risk IT
One of Montreal’s top banks are looking for a Senior Java Developer to lead their global risk IT team. Are you self-motivated and driven? Want to help lead a project from start to end working on a firm-wide surveillance program?
You will be responsible for leading the build of a completely new surveillance tool that will be used across the bank to prevent potential harmful behavior. You’ll be part of a highly talented group of developers- involved in the mentoring of junior/intermediate developers, whilst also being a highly skilled Java developer yourself. This project is going to be rolled out in phases, and will include some of the following objectives: -
- Improve risk models with minimal human intervention using machine learning algorithms.
- Provide trend & correlations across Key Risk indictors.
- Building Risk profiles for individuals across the Bank using risk models.
I am looking for an individual with a history of looking to work with new technologies. This project is going to be using a variety of technologies; Java, Spark, Scala, Hadoop & machine learning algorithms, therefore the ideal candidate will have a passion for learning new tech.
You must have 7+ years’ experience developing with Core Java to be considered for this position.
· 7+ years’ strong development experience with Core Java- multithreading, design patterns, algorithms.
· Spring framework
· Understanding of relational databases (Sybase, DB2, MySQL, Oracle).
· Relevant degree and/or experience.
· Sound communication skills.
Recruitment Consultant @ Caspian One Canada
Cell: 514 400 9106
Keywords: Lead Java, Surveillance, Spring, machine learning algorithms, Scala, Spring, Core Java.